The Adventures of Flat Stanley
Flat Stanley is a fun and exciting activity that will last all year. We will use the Flat Stanley Project to learn about maps and communities. Flat Stanley is a character from a book by Jeff Brown. A bulletin board falls on him and he becomes flat! Now Flat Stanley can travel the world for only the cost of a stamp. We are asking you and your child to send Flat Stanley to someone in the world. Please choose someone who will be willing to participate in this activity. We hope they will send interesting information back to our class about the city they live in. Students have LOVED this project in the past. They enjoy getting mail, finding new places on the map, and hearing about places from people they know. The first grade teachers hope you will help make this an exciting project for your child.
What does your child need to do?
1. Decide who they will send Flat Stanley to.
2. Write the person’s name on the top line of the “Flat Stanley” letter.
3. Fold Flat Stanley up and put him in an envelope along with the letter.
4. Write the address of the person you are sending Flat Stanley to on the
front of the envelope.
5. You may want to contact that person and let them know Flat Stanley is
coming to visit. You can help give them ideas about information they can
send back to us. Please tell the person they can send the letter, postcard,
or items any time during the rest of the year.
(Attn: Ana Rhyne)
1000 Olde Weatherstone Way
Cary, NC 27513 .
If they prefer using email, please address their information and/or pictures to: email@example.com.